Mechanical Project Engineer
- Hamilton, Waikato - New Zealand based role
- Group Medical Plan
- Great remuneration & salary package
- Continuous growth and development opportunities
Stainless Design is arguably the most sophisticated and fastest growing Sheetmetal manufacturing operation in the Waikato region of New Zealand. Using leading edge technology to satisfy a broad customer base, we design and manufacture for a wide range of industries including Food Processing, Dairy, Horticulture, Automotive, Building, Marine and Packaging.
We are on the hunt for a Mechanical Engineer who his keen to continue to develop their career within a fast paced and exciting industry.
Elements of the role include:
- Product Design and Development
- Managing customer quotes and orders for fabrication and machining
- Continuous development of collaborative customer relationships and products
- Producing manufacturing drawings and instructions in line with company standards
- Liaising with team members in Production and Fabrication environments
- Assisting with the development of in house systems
Preference will be given to a person that is familiar with the design detail based around laser cutting and folding sheet metal.
Practical experience in engineering fabrication and/or machining (light to medium) would be an advantage but is not essential. The candidate would benefit from possessing a thorough understanding of fabrication 'best practice'.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- A minimum of three years experience in a metal manufacturing environment
- A minimum of five years experience in project management or product design
- Strong communication skills and confidence in liaising directly with customers
- An outstanding attitude towards customer service
- The ability to manage multiple projects for a high-volume, fast paced fabrication workshop
- An ability to translate customer information and drawings into robust fabrication instructions
- Organised work practices, excellent multi-tasking and priority setting abilities
- Flexibility with a 'can do' attitude and a focus on meeting customer deadlines
- An excellent attitude and ability to work in a high performing team
- The ability to work autonomously within a dynamic and changing environment
- Self-motivation with lots of energy and drive
- Excellent computer skills, with experience in SolidWorks or a comparable 3D CAD package
- A relevant tertiary qualification is preferred
This is a rare opportunity to join an industry leader and express your creativity in a dynamic business environment.